What is leisure?
Tapestry, trauma, Ivanka.
Swimming pools, tennis courts, cinema, airport, live music.
Bata did not allow the church to be built.
After good work, have good fun!
There is no factory, no production, only shops and cafes, you are spending money that you have nowhere to earn!
Assembly line work, norm work.
The norm must be met.
Along with the struggle to execute the plan, let's all make an effort to improve the quality of our products as much as possible this year.
We have to harden the discipline in rubber production!
We are obliged to provide the consumer with the right footwear.
Cardboard production, rubber production, poly, cutters, leftovers, bakeries, protests.
The Bridge on the Drina.
It's about time.
Tabletop game or gambling?
Across the meadow.
One-home houses, two-home houses, high-rise for singles.
Noli turbare circulos meos.
Children are the pride of their parents, but there are also parents who do not take care of their children, so despite all the bans, we can see football being played in parks and even in front of the Workers' Home.
Nails can also be hammered into hardwood if they are previously coated with soap. A simple and easy way that helps a lot. Try it.
Even a cursory look at the exhibition had to disappoint us, because the basic things we expected from painters, who have lived and worked in our midst for years, were not there. There was no trace of life, of our reality.
Borovo, August 15, 1969
I don't earn much from this job, only about 470 dinars a month.
– How do you distribute that not so enviable paycheck?
– I give everything to my parents, they still have more experience to make ends meet. Both are employed, they have learned to take care of dinar.
– What are your youthful plans?
– First, reality. I'm a semi-skilled rubber worker. Qualification task. I also plan to pass the state exam, so that it would be really recognized.
– So, still dissatisfied?
– Of course, a person must be like that. Well, it's all good, but the working conditions?
– Life is in front of you... do you think so?
– Yes. How my life will be depends above all on me.
Jelka Petrović*. Work experience: 15 working days. How does this quiet, and too serious, girl "start" in life? In the new shoemaking workshop, next to the automation, she stands by the side of older, experienced workers.
– Do you have a plan already, after the first working days?
– Yes. Six hundred pairs for eight hours. I sew tongues. After all, I already have some work experience, I just recently graduated from the first level of the shoemaker's technical school.
– Do you know how much you'll earn?
– I do not know. Who would have told me that. I haven't received a single dinar yet. It is important to work, and the first earnings will arrive.
– What are you going to do with your first paycheck?
– Mom has already said her part, how would I know how to distribute that dinar? Let me get used to it...
– And what next? Is this all now?
– I still have to make an extra effort to become a shoe technician. Every person has a goal, I would like to go further.
– Are you satisfied or dissatisfied?
– I have gained very little experience to be able to know what satisfaction and dissatisfaction are.
The performance of female footballers was awaited with great curiosity. And they performed. Properly dressed: jerseys, football boots, socks - like real footballers.
I remembered my young days, when I started to "poke" the ball, and I had to admit that these women, who are beginners, do it much more skillfully than we did.
Many, even after this match, claim that football is not a sport for women. I am convinced otherwise. I believe that if our female football players from Borovo continue to train hard, they will soon play very good football and they will not have to be ashamed compared to their many male colleagues in terms of technique and sense of combinatory work. It is difficult to say anything about the course of the game itself, which lasted 2x15 minutes. The Blues were more skilled and superior and their victory was deserved. The goal was scored by Cica or Mica – it is difficult to navigate the names there. They are all called Cica, Mica and Marija.
I don't know if the future will prove me right, but I believe that Borovo female footballers will soon have many female fans.
For a time before the war, women's football was also cultivated in Borovo! We are not inclined to renew that tradition, so we publish this photo for curiosity's sake.
Development of the artistic idea and research by Željko Beljan “Borovo: Leftovers” is supported by Kultura Nova Foundation.