CALL for APPLICATIONS 2022
Artist-in-Residence Programme at Q21/MuseumsQuartierin Vienna
Duration of stay: 2 months
The Artist-in-Residence Programme at Q21/MuseumsQuartier in Vienna is part of ERSTE Foundation’s long-term edendeavour to support contemporary art and to strengthen the situation of its creators, especially in the region of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. The residence program is realized together by tranzit, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt Collection. Kontakt Collection will collaborate with the Zagreb based WHW Akademija.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians from Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia working in the field of contemporary visual art to do research in their respective area.
Everyone eligible is invited to take part in the open call – see below for all details.
The research character of the residence should make it possible to take a break from the everyday strenuous production pressure and find time to concentrate on a specific interest. The participants are given the opportunity to live and work for the period of two months in one of the MuseumsQuartier studios right in the heart of Vienna. The apartments offer both living and working space, but do not provide room for large-scale artistic works. During the stay various meeting possibilities are offered to the participants.
Each residence grants a monthly stipend of EUR 1.050,-.
Together with its long-time project partners from tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro, tranzit.sk, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt Collection/WHW Akademija, ERSTE Foundation forms the jury to select the participants.
Applications have to include the following two documents:
1.) Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2.) Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please, download the application form below, at the end of the page.
• Accepted candidates are required to use the residence in its full length during the following fixed periods:
for Hungary: January – February 2022
for Croatia: March – April 2022
for Czech Republic: May – June 2022
for Romania: July – August 2022
for Slovenia: September – October 2022
for Slovak Republic: November – December 2022
• One participant from each country will be selected
• Applicants who have already received this residence in recent years or have previously participated in our Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy will not be given priority.
• Applicants are asked to hand in a written report after completion of the residence.
• The correct application form is required (please see above for download link), other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 12.09.2021
Please send your application with subject "Q21/MQ AiR 2022" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected participants will be notified latest until mid-October 2021.
AiR 2022 Application Form